- Safe and easy-to-clean, made of high-grade ABS plastic
- Maintains a constant surface temperature - unaffected by surrounding environment or number of puppies
- Evenly conducts heat throughout the nest without hot or cold spots
- Temperature will only vary + or - one degree F from set temperature
- Unit will stop radiating heat when desired temperature is reached and reactivate when heat
source falls below desired temperature
- Recessed circular design meets the natural needs and instincts of mothers and newborns
In the last 5 years, we've had to have c-sections on three different females. Each and every time, the females have enjoyed laying on the whelping nest before and after surgery. The pups have all taken easily to the nest. We've never had a problem, not even in the dead of winter, with pups getting cold. The warm, gentle heat also seemed to help heal the incision area on the mama dogs and helped to prevent any kind of weeping or build up of dirt.
On rainy days or cold nights, or after a day of running, our older dog, Ginger , is stiff the next morning and it's clear her joints hurt. We lay her pillow over top of the whelping nest and she lays there happy all day long. She's usually ready by the next morning to run some rabbits for a little while, then we place her back on the nest and her pillow and she sleeps soundly.
This nest is simply something we cannot see doing without. It's made a world of difference in our kennel!